OCCUPATIONAL ENGLISH TEST
READING TIME: 5 MINUTES
WRITING TIME: 40 MINUTES
Read the case notes below and complete the writing task which follows.
- Patient: Mrs Toula Athena, 47, married, two children, home duties.
- Mother diabetes, died stroke 10 years ago aged 67
- Unremarkable, no medications
- Married 2 children, home duties
- 4 months thirst, bulimia, nocturia (4 times per night)
- lethargy 7 weeks
- 1.60 Wt. 95 kgs.
- Pulse 84 reg, BP 160/95
Plan: Arrange investigations – blood sugar, midstream urine (MSU)
Dietary advice re weight loss, appropriate foods
- Reports has followed diet, no weight loss
- Symptoms unchanged
- Frequent headaches
Objective: No weight loss; BP 170/95
- Blood sugar 11 mmol / l
- No sugar in urine
- Albumin in urine + +
- Prescribe antidiabetic and antihypertensive
- Medications, continue diet
- Complains feeling worse
- Blurred vision
- Sight spots
Objective: BP 165/90
Plan: Referral Dr. Haldun Tristan, endocrinologist
Using the information in the case notes, write a letter of referral to Dr Tristan, an endocrinologist at Melbourne Endocrinology Centre, 99 Brick Road, East Melbourne 3004.
In your answer:
- Expand the relevant case notes into complete sentences
- Do not use note form
- Use correct letter format
The body of your letter should be approximately 200 words. Use correct letter format.