Today, let’s combine information with connectors.
3 Piece Notes | Ms Lee
- Seriously injured. Not admitted. Transferred to City Hospital by ambulance.
Ms Lee was transferred to the City Hospital as it was found that she was serious injured.
4 Piece Notes | Mr Parker
- Diagnosed as MI. Underwent surgery. Complicated postoperative period. Being discharged in 24 hours.
Mr Parker is being discharged in 24 hours as his postoperative period was complicated.
THEREFORE, IN ADDITION TO THIS
I have seen that many of you start sentences with “therefore” and “in addition to”
- You will simply lose marks for this.
- Do not write such words because you like these words.
- Write them when they are needed.
- Why is this incorrect?
To write these words (connectors), you should make sure that the previous sentence is an addition to this sentence. I shall explain:
She was advised to refrain from the company of dogs. In addition to this, she lives with her friends.
- In this case, “in addition to this” is not connected to the previous sentence.
- The first sentence is an advice while the second is not.
- She was advised to refrain from the company of dogs. In addition to this, a pet trainer was appointed to make sure that the two dogs have been fully rid of lice and other insects.
- This is correct because the two sentences have some relation.
Let’s now proceed to questions. Hope you grab a good score!