Gaps – Indirect Answers
Attention! You will have to fill in the gaps with the modified forms of the missing words.
- Diabetes can change to diabetic.
- Hypertension can change to hypertensive.
- Cessation can change to “cease” or “ceased.”
NB. Do not copy what you hear.
Mr Mike Royce has just signed up with a new practice because his previous GP, who, after retirement, suggested this facility.
- Mr Joyce got an ongoing medical condition and he has (1) ___________ about that.
- Talking about his condition, Mr Joyce has (2) __________ which started with really (3) ______________ in the (4) ___________ as a result of (5) ______________ the knee more than normal. The condition worsened as a result of once (6) ______________ while climbing some stairs at work. Now he has bumps all over the back of the knee, and they are (7) _______. He gets (8) _______ form them, even upon touching them (9) _______.
- Doctor’s called them: (10) _______ (because pain frequently radiates out from them upon (11) _______.
- He returned to (12) _______ after a week (more or less).
- The knee problems still unsolved, Mr Royce had extreme difficulty (13) _______ properly or (14) _______.
- Mr Royce is a (15) _______ and has to position himself (16) _______.
- With all these, he kept going back to his old GP to update his health.
- He started with (17) _______ _______ of exercise and then tried (18) _______ ones such as ice packs. However, nothing really worked for him. Somewhere, his GP suspected that Mr Royce had (19) ____________. So, he sent him for some (20) ____________ work in the hospital which actually did seem to work, at least at first.