Development – Class 10 CBSE
This lesson introduces some ideas about development.
1. Different individuals may have different notions about development. Explain.
- The term “development” is relative to each individual.
- Give a couple of example (for an Indian girl, equality with her brother is development; for an industrialist, more dams means development; however, for the farmers, the industrialist’s notion of development is not acceptable).
- Conclusion: What is development for one person or a group of people may not always be development for another person or group of persons). Besides, development is not just dams, cities and production, but also, freedom, equality and respect in the society.
2. Why do people have a mixture of goals?
3. Explain ‘sustainability of development’ with two examples.
- Ground water reserves.
- Crude oil