Genzia Garbo Abel is a seven-day-old baby. Her mother has been discharged from the maternity hospital.
- Mother Violetta Garbo, 32 years, online marketer,
- Husband Jose Garbo, 36 years, Occupation security guard (night shift)
- Other children
- Sam, 5 years (currently not attending school, recent attack of meningitis)
- Teresa, 3 years
- Accommodation Two-bedroom flat (rented) – very far from city center
- Normal birth
- Breast fed
- Mother anxious about coping with 3 children
- Baby sleepy; reluctant to feed
- Baby’s weight:
- Birth – 3010 g
- Discharge – 3020 g
- Father unable to assist with children.
- Mother very tired
- No car; 20-minute walk to shops
- Discharged from hospital – 4 days ago
Using the information in the case notes, write a letter of referral to the maternal and child health nurse who will provide follow-up care in this case. Address – Ms Josie Hext, Maternal and Child Health Centre, 133 Elm Grove, Westfield, 2692. Phone – 676-56432
In your answer:
- Expand the relevant notes into complete sentences
- Do not use note form
- Use letter format
- The body of the letter should be approximately 180–200 words.