Case Notes – Christopher Fort
- April 28, 2023
- Posted by: English Melon
- Category: OET
CASE NOTES 07 CHRISTOPHER FORT
OCCUPATIONAL ENGLISH TEST WRITING SUB-TEST: Nursing
READING TIME: 5 MINUTES | WRITING TIME: 40 MINUTES
Read the case notes below and complete the writing task which follows.
- Name: Mr Christopher Fort
- Age: 49 years
- Married, lives with wife and 2 children
- Address: 1324, Seventh Avenue, Bridge Ford, London
- Weight: 59
- Temp: 98.6°F
- Pulse: 72 b/m
- Blood pressure:150/100 mm of hg
- Admission date: 20/2/2020 (with chest pain, radiating to shoulder, difficulty breathing – 2 days along with generalized weakness, nausea, dizziness)
- ECG – ST elevation
- Dx – Myocardial infarction
- Peptic ulcer
- Twice clipping done
- Hypertension – 8 years, on tab Nicardia 5 mg once daily
- Diabetic – 9 years, Human mixtrad Bd
- Heavy drinker and smoker (10 years)
- Eats oily foods, sugary creams
- Nil exercise
- Pan 40 mg BD for one month
- Aspirin 325 mg one month
- Statix 40 mg of one month
- Paraffin 10 mg of one month
- RBS:190 mg/dl
- HB: 12
- Presence of clots in the left side of the coronary artery.
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty done.
- No complications.
- Blood pressure and blood sugar under control.
Recommended by dietitian:
- Avoid oily foods and carbohydrates.
- Increase green leafy veggies, fruits and vegetables, fluid intake.
- He is ready to be discharged after the consultation with consultant.
- Schedule follow up with Fbs, FLP, reports on 3/3/2020.
- Medication monitoring
- Quit-line programs
- Blood pressure and blood sugar monitoring
- Dietary management
- Encourage daily Exercise
- Follow up
- Avoid strenuous exercise for two weeks.
Using the given information, write a letter to the district nurse, Bridge Ford, London, requesting home visits to ensure medication compliance and dietary restrictions.
In your answer:
- Expand the relevant notes into complete sentences
- Do not use note form
- Use letter format
- The body of the letter should be approximately 180–200 words.