10.1 Mrs Boris Johnson
OCCUPATIONAL ENGLISH TEST
WRITING SUB-TEST: Nursing
READING TIME: 5 MINUTES | WRITING TIME: 40 MINUTES
Read the case notes below and complete the writing task which follows.
You are Jake Venter, a qualified nursing sister, working under HiMMS Health Clinic. Boris Johnson is visiting your clinic.
Today’s date: 10 July, 2023
- Name: Mrs Boris Johnson
- Age: 44 years
- Address: Walsgrave, Bilham, CV 35 LB
- Phone: (0) 7657897345
- Endometrial hyperplasia;
- Excessive irregular growth
- Irregular menstruation since April 2023.
- Splenectomy in 2005.
- Cholecystectomy in 2021.
- Hyperthyroidism; on thyroxine 0.5 mg
- Allergy: nuts.
- Mother died with uterine cancer.
- Father has diabetes.
- Came into the clinic with severe vaginal bleeding
- Weight loss, pain while urination
- Pain during intercourse
- Pain in legs and back
- Pelvic pain
- Anorexia, tiredness
- Unable to do daily activities
- TFT (Thyroid Function Test)
- TVS (Transvaginal Ultrasound) – to find presence of polyp
- Complete blood test
- Panadol BD
- Recommend for review with lab reports
- Unusual vaginal bleeding with foul smelling, pus-like or blood-tinged.
- Constipation, bleeding from bladder and rectum
- Ascites, lymph edema.
- Advised for PAP test and biopsy
- WBC increased and HB fell
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Fainted at home, returned to clinic accompanied by her son
- Profound vaginal bleeding, intense pain 9/10, breathing difficulty
- Pap test showed abnormal growth of cells
- Blood in stools, UTI
- BP – 90/69 mmHg, weak and thready pulse, RR- 34
- Biopsy, MRI, CT, X-ray reports pending.
- ? endometrial cancer
- Biopsy, MRI, X-ray report pending.
- Requires further assessment and treatment.
Using the information in the case notes, write a letter to Dr Morris Black, Oncologist at Lincoln Hospital, Butterfly Road, Liverpool, 6675, UK, to request further evaluation and its management.
In your answer:
- Expand the relevant notes into complete sentences
- Do not use note form
- Use letter format
The body of the letter should be approximately 180–200 words.